Quite a lot has happened to my mom and I in the past year! After moving back from Las Vegas (I dont know what I was thinkin!), We moved into my uncle Beni and his family's house for a little bit over a year. In May of 2007 we moved up to my cousin Seini's and her family's house in South Jordan. After moving numerous of times in the past 6 years (7 times counting last recent), I can tell you that moving there was the best out of all the moves. Although, my aunt Ana and her husband Ti and there family's home will always where I would feel most at home because I grew up there, and had some great memories!
Living with Seini I knew that I had to make some changes in my life. How well I was doing in school began to rapidly decrease as I was constantly moving around. I knew that in order to make a better life for myself I had to start changing things around. I can't even express how grateful I was for everything that my cousin Seini did for me. Then, I felt like she was the only person who cared enough about me to actually help me get my life back on the right track. She continued to push me to do my best even when I didn't give a rat's arse (why do people use this saying?) By the end of that school year living with Seini, my GPA increased by a 1.0, I organized the Mulitcultural club and became President, organized the fashion club and became Vice-president, became Vice President of Peer Education/National programs in F.C.C.L.A, a member of the Peer Leadership Team, and a member on the PTSA board. My life finally started to pick up. I'm even attending Salt Lake Community College for the summer to earn some college credits.
About a month ago, June, Seini helped my mom and I finally get our own place. We now live in her old townhouse in Taylorsville, Utah. It's down the street from SLCC, so it's easy for me to walk to school, and my mom has just been chillaxin at home crouchet-ing (is that right?!?) away! I'm looking forward to begin this new chaper in my life!
touch tv show netflix
3 years ago



1 comment:
I'm sorry you had such a rough year. We've moved a lot of times too and I know how unsettling it can feel.
I'm glad Seini has been such a great influence in your life!
Post a Comment